Eco-Wise Pest Control
‘Eco-Wise’ Integrated Pest Management
Eco-Wise pest management programs utilize the most comprehensive integrated pest management protocols along with proven “green” products to provide a low impact and low risk service that is effective in controlling and protecting against pest infestations. The components of this service are:
The IPM Process:
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is combination of a variety of proven pest management techniques. The individual steps in this program allow the service personnel to develop an efficient, effective, and sustainable pest management result that emphasizes pest prevention and non-chemical methods. The decision to implement any treatments for a pest (whether educating building occupants, sealing entry holes, vacuuming up insects, or applying a pesticide) is made after a thorough inspection that gathers information about the pest(s), the people exposed to the pest(s) and the structure involved. Treatment options are reviewed for appropriateness, and a variety of control strategies are integrated into a written plan of action. After the treatment recommendations are taken, the results are monitored to determine success, and if necessary, to fine-tune the treatment process. Records are kept throughout the process to document inspections, decisions, and outcomes.
Key Components of IPM
IPM seeks to suppress pest reproduction, identify and eliminate potential pest access, shelter, habitat, and availability of food and water. Inspection and monitoring for pests and conditions is conducted in order to identify problem areas and prevent small pest infestations from becoming large ones. IPM service practices to prevent pests include, but are not limited to:
a. Customer education;
b. Removal of pest habitat, sources of food and water, and breeding areas;
c. Prevention of access to structures;
d. Management of environmental factors, such as temperature, light, humidity, atmosphere, and air circulation, to prevent pest reproduction and serve as a deterrent to pest infestation.
Multiple Management Strategies and Tools
A variety of pest control strategies and tools are available to integrate into a comprehensive program to manage the pest(s). These management strategies may include, but are not limited to, the
a. Providing the customer with information about behaviors, conditions, and policies that allow pests access to the site, food, water, and habitat, so that the customer can understand and participate in the pest management process;
b. Mechanical or physical methods such as, traps, vacuuming, steam cleaning, or physical barriers;
c. Horticultural controls including, but not limited to, changing irrigation practices, treatment or removal of plants attracting pests and/or providing access to structure;
d. If preventive measures (along with the practices in parts a - c
above) are insufficient to prevent or control pests, a variety of effective and environmentally friendly materials may be used.
An IPM Partnership Using a Systems Approach
In order to obtain the desired results it is essential to gain active cooperation between the customer and the service technician. Integrated pest management must take into account and be effectively coordinated with other relevant activities and programs that operate in and around a building. Whenever possible, a pest management perspective should be incorporated in procedures and plans involving cleaning, waste management, food service and handling, storage, and in the designs in the repair and /or alteration in construction.
Customer and Eco-Wise Roles Crucial to the Success of an IMP Program
The Role of the Customer
- Provide Access – The Eco-Wise service specialist
- must have complete access to all potential pest harborage areas. All doors, closets, storage areas, crawl spaces, attic spaces, basements, machine rooms, equipment, and any other potential pest harborage sites must be made accessible for a thorough inspection, placing of monitors, and treatment as needed.
- Participate in the development of the Pest Management Plan – A written pest management plan detailing pests found, sanitation, mechanical alterations, trapping procedures, pesticides, application techniques, follow-up inspections and personnel requirements necessary for the most effective Eco-Wise programs. This plan will be developed and will be evaluated constantly over the life of this contract. Service Reports will be provided to the customer with each service. The customer should communicate their goal for such a plan including any concerns they have about the pests or service provided.
- Provide information on Pest Sightings - effects of service and actions taken on recommendation from the Eco Wise service specialist.
The Role of Eco-Wise service specialists:
- Inspection – A complete inspection will be performed during our initial visit. The results of this inspection will be provided to you and is essential to evaluating the pest problems and the conditions contributing to those problems. The inspection also establishes the basis for the recommendations and cooperation needed to make the program a success now, and for the future.
- Provide a ‘Service Report’ and Explanation of Findings - including sanitation and maintenance recommendation which may be crucial to the success of the pest management plan.
- Provide effective service programs - to reduce, control and prevent pest populations and nuisance situations.
Please visit www.ecowisepestcontrol.com for more information about Critter Control's Eco-Wise Pest Management service.
We provide Eco-Wise Pest Control for the following cities: Afton, Alton, Arnold, Ballwin, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Belleville, Brentwood, Bridgeton, Caseyville, Chesterfield, Clayton, Collinsville, Cotterville, Crestwood, Creve Coeur, Des Peres, Earth City, Edwardsville, Ellisville, Eureka, Fairview Heights, Fenton, Ferguson, Florissant, Frontenac, Glen Carbon, Godfrey, Granite City, Hazelwood, Highland, Kirkwood, Ladue, Lake St. Louis, Lebanon, Manchester, Maplewood, Maryland Heights, Maryville, O Fallon, O'fallon, Olivette, Pacific, Richmond Heights, Roxana, Shrewsbury, St. Albans, St. Ann, St. Charles, St. John, St. Louis, St. Peters, Sunset Hills, Town And Country, Troy, University City, Waterloo, Webster Groves, West Alton, Wildwood, Wood River
We also cover the following counties: Saint Charles, Saint Clair, Jefferson, Saint Louis, Franklin, Madison